Committee on Research
The Committee on Research was born out of the Research Framework Steering Committee that was appointed in 2019 with the mission to use shared governance to define, advance, and implement the strategic planning research framework by creating a transparent, responsive, input process that informs all decision making. To do this, our committee was approved in late 2020 to become part of the UCCS Faculty Assembly and is now known as the Committee on Research (COR). Those on the team who are not faculty serve on the advisory board of this new standing committee.
Learn More About How We Function
- Use shared governance to define, advance, and implement the research framework by creating a transparent, responsive, input process that informs all decision making.
- The campus will create and implement campus-wide policies, practices, and evaluation metrics to clearly define, reward, and incentivize research and creative activity.
- Faculty will have more time in their workload for research.
- Ensure accountability and bias-free implementation of research-related policies, incentives, and programs.
Key Measures of Success
- Established a system of shared governance with all units connected: Department - College - Committee on Research - Faculty Assembly - Provost - Chancellor's Cabinet
- Maintained the UCCS "High Research Activity" R2 criteria benchmarks in funding and graduate student graduation rates
- Trackable increase in undergraduate student research activity working with faculty
- Increase in numbers of new graduate programs considered
- Each department will have revised RPT criteria
- Improved graduate student experiences working with their faculty mentors
- More tenure track faculty with a research active workload
- Research active faculty have more time for research
- Significant increase in grant-writing submissions, number of new awards funded, total amount of sponsored program funding, publishing, patents, creative works, conference presentations and other productivity markers
- Wider variety of research activity valued and rewarded at UCCS. Greater equity and improved culture of trust, respect, inclusion and belonging
Meet the Committee Members
- Glen Whitehead, VAPA
Contact anyone on the team for updates, provide feedback, or otherwise engage in the process.