Institutional Grant Writing Coordinator
The Office of Research provides proposal writing and development services to increase the competitiveness of proposals and increase the diversity in our campus funding portfolio.
The Institutional Grant Writer assists with:
- Large, multi-year/multi-institution proposals
- Institutional proposal writing for broad, university-wide initiatives
- Proposals with interdisciplinary teams
- Proposals focused on undergraduate or graduate student success
- Proposals aimed at enhancing equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging at UCCS
Does your proposal meet one or more of the above criteria? Then, the Office of Research’s Institutional Grant Writer is here to help you secure funding! Support includes proposal narrative development, editing, proofreading, integrating content from multiple authors, coordinating meetings with project team members, and evaluating complex funding solicitations to ensure compliance. Support is also available to convene multiple faculty across campus to foster collaboration on funding opportunities.
Eligibility for Support
All UCCS Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty, full-time IRC, and full-time staff are eligible for support. Postdocs, Graduate students, and undergraduate students are not eligible for support.
Support is subject to the proposal writer’s availability and approval of the project by the Vice Provost for Research. Inquire about using the Grant Writer services by emailing OOR@UCCS.EDU.
Would you like assistance, but your project or proposal doesn’t fit the above criteria? Reach out to our Research Development Coordinator who is here to provide wraparound support including finding a funding call, budget guidance, retrieving templates, offering grant-writing advice, and basic proofreading and editing. In addition, the RDC is happy to review proposals that have been unfunded in a prior cycle for potential resubmission, or to help your proposal find a better funding source.
Guidelines and Process
Step 1: Email OOR@UCCS.EDU to send your inquiry
Step 2: Initial Consultation
- The inquiry will be reviewed by the Vice Provost for Research and the proposal writer will reach out with the approval status. If approved, the proposal writer will then meet with the PI Team and determine the scope of support needed and the amount of time involved.
Step 3: Proposal Review Process and Timeline
- The PI and proposal writer will develop a plan and agree to deadlines for the first and near final draft reviews.
- Note: If a draft is provided under 6 weeks of a sponsor deadline, the review is subject to the proposal writer’s availability and may not be possible.
Meet your Grant Writer!
Dr. Deborah Baness King
Deborah earned her Ph.D. in Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Studies from the University of New Mexico in 2011. She has over 20 years of experience with grant writing, management, and evaluation in a variety of settings. Successful grant awards include projects funded through the U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Department of Justice, and several foundations. In this role, Deborah will serve as a resource for grant writing, and provide support and leadership in the development of competitive grant proposals.